The Eames Lounge Chair is a classic piece from the XX century. Since it is such a popular option in classy and comfortable furniture in the United States, Manhattan Home Design has created an Eames Lounge Chair replica, just for you.
This design, created originally by Charles and Ray Eames, can be found in popular films, TV shows, offices and thousands of residences all over the world. They intended for the chair to have a look and feel of a well-worn baseball mitt.
At Manhattan Home Design you will find it available in five different colors to choose from: black, brown, antique brown, cream and white. Which one you choose will depend not only on your personal taste but also on the current decoration of the room you want to put it in.
We know it can get hard to match certain colors, but that’s why we are here to help make this process as easy as possible and have your Eames chair replica fit in with the decoration you already have.
Eames Lounge Chair features
The Eames Lounge Chair replica that you will find at Manhattan Home Design is upholstered in a top-grain eco premium Italian leather. It is braided threaded used with Lockstitch which ensures the piping stays in place and seams are long-lasting.
The plywood is also high-quality from USA, Canada and Brazil and it is engineered in such a way to prevent cracking.
Another great feature of the Eames Lounge Chair is that the cushions are removable, as per the original design and it has a 360-degree swivel.
Design tricks that will help your Eames Lounge replica fit in perfectly with your current decoration
When designing for interior locations there is something called the 60-30-10 rule for colors. It means that you should divide the color scheme into percentages of color use.
60% of the color you choose should be used as the main color of your room design. This can be implemented on the walls, the floor and a couple of pieces of furniture. It could also be in the curtains or draperies.
Then, 30% will be a secondary color, which should have only half the amount of color saturation as the main color and it shouldn’t compete for attention in your design, it should contrast with the main color and create depth.
Finally, this rule says that 10% of the color should be one-third of the secondary color and one-sixth of the main color and will be called accent color. Its purpose is to give interest and contrast to the color scheme.
For instance, if your room is using gray as the main color, you can have blue as a secondary color and pink as an accent.
You can also guide yourself with a color wheel to help find a match for the colors you want to use. This is a color circle that presents the primary, secondary and tertiary colors.
Design colors for your black Classic Eames Lounge Chair Ottoman
If you have decided to go with the classic black-colored Eames chair reproduction, you have chosen a piece of furniture that can be either powerful and dramatic, but also very easy to combine with.
Black furniture goes very well with neutral tones, such as green, red, yellow, but we recommend having them only as accent tones. So, if the room where you want to have your chair has these characteristics, black will be a perfect color for your Eames Lounge Chair.
Your black Eames chair will also combine with textures and patterns if you don’t want to add more colors and prefer to keep the palette simple. Perhaps a striped wall or a nice rug? Or maybe geometrical patterns on your pillows.
Combining the white Eames Lounge Chair & Ottoman
At Manhattan Home Design we also have the option for white leather for the Eames Lounge Chair & Ottoman with a black base. If this is the color that you want to go for, then you should know that it will help the space where you put it in stand out very nicely.
The colors that will match the most with your white furniture are pink, pale blue, gray, pastel green, chocolate, navy blue and mango orange.
Pink and white will give the sensation of romanticism. It is ideal for children’s bedrooms but also for your own bedroom if you want to have a more playful feel to it.
Pale blue and white will create a soothing atmosphere and a very relaxed feeling to the room. As for gray and white, it is a great combination for bedrooms and fits any kind of decoration that allows you to add more colors.
Another color that matches white very nicely is pastel green, which can be used in kitchens or bathrooms. However, we think it is unlikely that you will be having your Eames Lounge chair replica in any of these spaces!
Navy blue, as we mentioned above, looks very good with white furniture and the look you will get in the end will be very summer-like. Chocolate-decorated rooms also combine with the white Eames Lounge chair & Ottoman.
Finally, white furniture and a mango or orange room fit perfectly well and it is also a good combination for Feng Shui.
What colors match with the brown and antique brown Eames Lounge Chair?
For the brown and antique brown color options of the Eames Lounge chair reproduction, you should know that there are many options for decorating your room to go with it.
Mistakenly considered as a boring color, brown, when combined correctly, can be inspiring, cozy and sleek. Brown is a neutral color that can be very warm and versatile and the list of colors that go with it can be very large, but we’ve narrowed it down to ten options:
- White: White and brown create a very simple but nice combination. So, if the main color in your room is white, your brown chair will work marvelously with it. The feeling your decoration will give will be of a luxurious and highly welcoming ambiance.
- Blue: For blue rooms, brown furniture will make it look very modern and relaxing at the same time. It is a combination of the traditional with the modern.
- Fuchsia: If you are looking for a dramatic feeling in your room then fuchsia decoration with your brown Eames chair replica is just what you need. It will also add sophistication and personality to the area.
- Yellow: Yellow and brown compliment each other beautifully for an incredible aesthetic. A room where yellow is the main color will accessorize well with brown furniture.
- Mint: A mint room with a nice dose of brown will look incredibly sophisticated. So, if you are decorating with this color, brown furniture will give it the final touches you are looking for, especially if you like the fresh and organic vibe.
- Turquoise: Turquoise and brown is a very trendy combination and you can take it to the vintage level or to a more contemporary one.
- Gold: For an extremely luxurious look, combine your brown Eames Lounge chair with gold. If used in places such as a table lamp or designs on the floor, your chair and the room will have an expensive look to it.
- Orange: Orange and brown are a good match if you want a warm feeling to the room. The energy of the orange color, combined with the neutral brown will give your decoration a hipster, modern and sleek look.
- Rose: Your brown lounge chair will combine with a rose-colored room, especially if you are going for a feminine atmosphere. They go good together in living spaces and bedrooms.
- Copper: Finally, brown and copper will give your room a trendy and hip look. If you have copper accents in the room and you want an Eames chair, then go for the brown-colored one!
How to combine the cream Eames Lounge Chair
If you are in love with the cream-colored Eames Lounge Chair & Ottoman choose complementary colors to make it stand out in the room you will be putting it in so that it can draw attention to it.
Colors that go well with cream are yellow, purple, red, red, blue and orange, even though it seems to be very neutral, the truth is that not every color helps a piece of cream-colored furniture stand out the way it could.
Gray and cream can produce a calming effect, as well as lavender, which is cream’s complementary color. And, if you pair it with pure white, you will recognize the subtle difference of the cream shade.